Thursday, August 31, 2017

Weight Gain and Pregnancy

25th July '17 entry:

I was 49 kilos at the start of my first pregnancy in 2006. 
I am at 59 kilos at the start of my second pregnancy in 2017. 
Ten years later, 10 kilos added. One kilo added for every year. 

I peaked at 63 kilos at full term with Tan. 
This time I am starting at 59 and I dread to think what I will peak at!! 75 kilos, perhaps? Ayyoo Rama! How am I going to carry myself?!!

My weight hasn’t vacillated to the right of the weighing scale much throughout the years. I have been wavering at 50-55 all throughout. Only after I hit 39, I put on a couple of kilos and for the first time in many years saw the scale tilting right ward and the needle stopping at 58. Three kilos gained post 35. Hmmm!

I easily shed the pregnancy weight of Tan within a couple of months. I was back at 55 without any diet or gym or any exercise. I breast fed her for 3 complete years. 

Many say if we are on copper-T it makes you put on weight. 
Nothing happened to me. In fact there never ever was any pain or the slightest discomfort. Five years of protection for under Rs 3000 – I feel IUCD is the most economical, stress-free and comfortable family planning option. Daalo aur bhool jao!!!

Way back in 2011, I had gone to Mudbidri to meet Lizzy, my friend and senior in Mangalore University. During a conversation, she casually mentioned that we need to remove it past its expiry date. The expiry date is usually five years. That reminded me about my copper t!  As soon as I returned to Bangalore, I hurried home to check what the expiry date was on mine. I had completely forgotten about it!!!! I had crossed 2 months past the date! I had run to the doc the very next day, removed the first one and got the second one fixed. Thank God for that talk with her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi