Thursday, August 17, 2017

The First Alarm Bell

19th June 2017 entry:

17th June was our 12th wedding anniversary. 

That whole week, I was feeling very uncomfortable. My stomach felt bloated. It was like something was "IN" there. I wanted to burp loudly so it could come out and free me of my discomfort. 

In just a week, I had drunk THREE bottles of different soft drinks. I so badly wanted to burp and release the gaseous feeling. This by itself was so unusual. I don't drink soft drinks at all. I just don't enjoy it much. I always go for milkshakes and sometimes just take a sip if Tanvi offers her glass of Coke. So three whole bottles in a week was the first alarm bell.
Then on the 19th, as I sat there, with that "something in my stomach" feeling, for some reason, I casually remarked to Sathya that may be I am pregnant. And picked up my phone and searched for “the early signs of pregnancy.” It had symptoms like fatigue, nausea without vomiting, constipation, mood swings and so on. I had been feeling all this but since I didn't know any better attributed it to indigestion. 

I asked Sathya to get me the home pregnancy kit, to check if I was right. I would check it early the next morning. Tanvi and Sathya were staring at me in utter disbelief.  

2 comments:

hi