Thursday, August 17, 2017

The News

20th June 2017 entry:

I woke up at 6 a.m, as usual. Took the test. For some weird reason, I remembered the episode from "Friends" where Rachael takes the test and when Phoebe and Monica tell her its negative, she is, surprisingly, disappointed. She had been wanting, unknown even to her, the result to be positive.

My result was in my hands. I woke up both Sathya and Tanvi, much before their usual time and broke the news to them. I showed them the two lines. 
And for an hour we all lay on the bed talking about it and what to do next. It was like I forgot that Tanvi had school and she would be late. We hugged each other and stared at the two lines!

Surprisingly, Tanvi showed a lot of eagerness to have the baby. All these years she had vehemently told us not to have another baby. It was both strange and pleasurable to hear her talk of wanting a sibling. It was the second unexpected thing after the realization that I had gotten pregnant a second time, without trying, after 11 long years.

Sathya stuck to his standard line, “Let’s remove it." We planned to go to the doctor, later that day, to confirm the pregnancy. Tanvi went to school, happy in the thought that, we would bring her the news that yes even the doctor confirmed the pregnancy.

We didn't go to the doctor. Instead, we went to Taj Biyani hotel in Shivajinagar for lunch because Sathya was craving for their biryani. It was Ramzan and so there were no customers in the restaurant. I couldn’t eat the biryani. It was too huli-huli (sour).

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi