Thursday, August 31, 2017

Comfort Food and Pregnancy

17th August '17 entry:
My go-to-food during pregnancy is idli (shown in the pic). Two idlis with sambar - hunger successfully squashed. As it is, fermented food is always a healthier option. Also idli is a safe bet. Any other snack changes from hotel to hotel. One can’t be certain. But idli tastes the same in every hotel whether price is Rs 5 or Rs 15. May be softer in more expensive hotels but basic taste doesn’t vary much. So no risk of buying and not liking it and being forced to change the order and having to eat something else.   Idli with sambar is tasty, light, healthy and easily available at any time, anywhere. 

As for cravings, the first three months, I had a strong craving for sweets. I used to make at least one sweet everyday - kheer, sheera, etc. I was craving for sugar, a lot! But this fourth month onward, I have not eaten a single morsel of any sweet!! I don't crave for it anymore. I prefer my regular, slightly spicy, food. I also like chattambade (shown in the pic) and bajjis a lot these days. 


2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I know not pregnancy - but I do know comfort food and idli sambar is in the top five!!! I love to make my own.

    I've put this URL into my regular blog, where I have all my pals listed... there's more hope of me keeping up then!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks for the link :) you can bet I will keep up

      Delete

hi