Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Musings

This is so funny. Look at his expression!

Luckily, Tanvi doesn’t have to hear any of it because hers was one of the shortest labor. At least that is what I have heard from many other mothers. 

Her due date was 23rd of June. On the 1st of June, her head was fixed. On the 6th, the water broke. From the time I was taken to the operation theater to the actual delivery, it was all over in 2 hours. 

I have heard of labors that have lasted almost a day.
  

Don’t know what is going to be my fate this time around?

Hope Tanvi’s little brother or sister is going to be as sweet and as much in a hurry to come out as she was!









Right now, this is how my nights feel like. The image on the right puts it well.

Every time I roll over, I have to lift the weight of the new package in me to the other side, place it gently there and try to sleep again. Have read that sleeping on the left side is the best position to sleep in.

Most of my old clothes are tight now. I have already kept aside a big bag with clothes that I cannot fit into anymore.


This pic was taken last month when I had already completed 5 months and was rushing towards the 6th month. On that particular evening, the jerks were more pronounced. We could even "see" the skin on the tummy moving. Tanvi was constantly talking to the baby, tapping and tickling to elicit more kicks. 

4 comments:

  1. How cute....Love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    It is lovely that Tanvi is of the age to share this time properly with you; I am the eldest of my family, but it was only when my brother, a slightly later child, was coming along that I too could share in the kicks and jerks! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM

      isn't it !! i too realized it only now. siblings closer in age might not really know what's happening - at least not completely or properly

      Delete

hi