Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Baby Feet

Different people love different things about a new born baby. Some love the smell, some the mouth, some the skin, some the bald head, some the eye, some hands, some the tummy.

Sathya loves the smell of baby skin, the smell of powder on them, the smell of milk. He used to keep smelling Tanvi saying, "haal haal vaasne" "My milk baby". 

I love baby feet. This time I actually captured a picture of Rutvi's tiny feet. Tiny, soft, fleshy, smooth...I am falling short of adjectives to describe them. There is nothing as sweet as tiny little baby feet.

No matter what the color of the new born baby is, what the race, the weight...the feet are always beautiful ... of every baby.

Rutvi has the exact toes and fingers of her father. Her finger nails grow SO fast that I have to cut it every week and the toenails so SLOW that I can leave them alone for more than 2 weeks - exactly like her dad. 

When people tell you that they feel overwhelmed when babies hold their fingers, it is true. It is an amazing feeling. Rutvi, even as a month old infant, would easily hold Sathya's big, fat fingers. She took a while to hold mine and I would be so jealous! I would complain to him, "How can she not hold my slender fingers but can hold your fat ones even in her sleep?" 

When I first held her and saw her fingers, I was really surprised at the resemblance with Sathya's. It was like I was looking at his miniature hand. I have short, square fingers. Both my daughters have his fingers - long,  slender, pointed. They say people with such fingers tend to be artistic. Mine are those of people who help. I have been so tempted to paint Rutvi's finger nails. I am sure they will look great. 

Babies take so long to open their palm. For the first quarter after their birth, their fists are mostly clenched. Once they learn they have fingers and the fingers move and do stuff like touching and grabbing objects around them and bringing them to their mouths, it is a beautiful discovery - for the baby AND the parent who is proudly watching her every move. 

4 comments:

  1. When we look at any part of our darlings we would love that because they are the ones that wipe off our ire, fear anguish and so on. Nice post Sujatha. Feel like kissing the little feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that above comment..... wipe off our ire,

    ReplyDelete

hi